Detroit signs defenseman Filip Hronek to $13.2M, 3-year deal
- Pens' Crosby still without return date
- Gurianov lifts Stars in OT, Doughty hurt
- Sharks beat Leafs to remain perfect
- Bruins' Ullmark defeats former team
- Bobrovsky wins 300th, Panthers now 4-0-0
DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Red Wings signed Filip Hronek to a three-year, $13.2 million Friday.
The Czech defenseman will count $4.4 million against the salary cap through the 2023-24 season.
Hronek has 16 goals and 64 assists for 80 points through his first 167 regular-season NHL games. The 23-year-old put up 26 points last season with Detroit.
A second-round draft pick in 2016, Hronek is a candidate to play for his country at the Beijing Olympics this winter after the NHL reached an agreement with international officials to send players after skipping the Pyeongchang Games.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/hub/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 3, 2021